Eclipse mailing lists home
Technical questions and discussions about using eclipse and eclipse-based tools, and developing plug-in tools should be posted to the forums. Mailing lists at eclipse.org are intended for use by developers actually working on or otherwise contributing to day-to-day development. The development mailing lists are the way design and implementation issues are discussed and decisions voted on by the committers.
Before you post to a developer mailing list:
- Ask yourself if you are asking your question in the right place - would it be better asked in a forum ?
- If you are reporting a bug - use the bugzilla bug database - don't post it to the mailing list.
- Search the archives and newsgroups.
- Read "How to ask questions the smart way" by Eric Raymond and Rick Moen. (Please do not send your Eclipse questions to Eric or Rick)
- Subscribe and then monitor the list for a few days to get a feel for what kinds of topics are appropriate, and don't be offended if someone asks you to take your question to the newsgroup instead.
Before asking a question, please search for key terms using this search form.