JDT Core / Release Candidate 3 : Testing Plan
Release Candidate 0 test plan is available here..
Verify all 3.1RC3 fixes (Frederic)
Release Candidate 1 test plan is available here.
Release Candidate 2 test plan is available here.
Incremental compiler (Kent)
- ensure external JAR timestamp perform as expected (migration, upgrading, manual changes)
- check amount of incremental recompilation on changes in 1.5 code
- check consistency in diagnostics in between compile against sources vs. compiler against binaries
1.5 support stress test (David, Olivier)
- construct 1.5 heavy duty workspace with mixed 1.5 sources and binaries (produced with Eclipse)
- perform incremental compilation, check consistency of source and binary compile
- invoke codeassist, codeselect, various refactorings watching the .log for any thrown exception
- try to reformat 1.5 sources: check formatting performs, and good output
- exerce on local/nested/anonymous types
- exerce on generic methods/constructors calls
- exerce on type parameters declarations (with/without wildcards/bounds) and parameterized types arguments
- exerce on static import
- exerce on parameterized types
- control resolved key surfaced by hover selection on 1.5 source/binary code (Sun JDK sources for example)
JavaModel & Search (Jerome)
- check search in generics: accuracy, performance, footprint
- check model scalability
- check model initialization process: locking situations?
Compiler (Philippe, Maxime)
- check 1.5 semantics on corner situations: generic inference, capture, type conversions
- check status of disabled regression tests