JDT Core / Release Candidate 0 : Testing Plan
Release Candidate 1 test plan is available here.
Verify all 3.1M7 fixes (Olivier, Maxime, Frederic)
Release Candidate 2 test plan is available here.
Release Candidate 3 test plan is available here.
3.0 backward compatibility (Kent)
- ensure we can open a relocated 3.0 dev workspace (search, build, codeassist, package view, preferences)
- take a 3.1 shared project (using classpath enhancements such as access rules or classpath attributes
- check behavior of startup when previous session was interrupted abruptely, or was exited before indexing was finished
- immediately exit after startup, is shutdown performing unnecessary work ?
- challenge various performance instrumentation, tune defaults (ask David)
Access Restrictions (Jerome, Maxime)
- setup custom access rules, using both exported entries and combine semantics.
- measure performance overhead on reconcile when numerous access rules specified.
- check that reconciler and builder diagnostics are consistent
- check codeassist filtering/depreciating restricted proposals
- combinations of access restrictions with other classpath complexity: exclusion/inclusion patterns, multiple output
folders, linked folders: check package view rendering, delta issued
DOM AST (Olivier)
- challenge it trying various refactoring actions on corner cases and source with errors
- use AST view to control produced tree
- challenge DOM AST near capture conversion
- ensure package-info support is fine
- verify @SuppressWarnings is effective in DOM diagnostics
- check memory/performance scaling when lots of potential matches (e.g. references to #add())
- check inaccurate matches (too many/not enough)
- check generic matches: equivalent/exact/erasure
- check indexer crash recovery
CodeAssist/CodeSelect (David, Frederic)
- inside parameterized type arguments, when empty prefix should propose parameterized type back
- assist inside annotations
- no more type proposal on empty token
- challenge new behavior to ensure nothing is missing in corner situations
- check resolved keys in completion proposals
- control codeselect handling of 1.5 constructs
- control resolved key surfaced by hover selection
Type Hierarchies (Kent)
- missing types
- fault-tolerance to abort compilation errors
- check amount of resolution (more than supertypes?)
J2SE 5.0 (Philippe)
- check unchecked warnings
- check raw conversion
- check capture conversion
- check @SuppressWarnings, especially to eliminate deprecation
- check @SuppressWarnings in package-info