Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Code Recommenders » [snipmatch] dependency names
[snipmatch] dependency names [message #1482445] Fri, 21 November 2014 20:03 Go to next message
Christoph Keimel is currently offline Christoph KeimelFriend
Hi

I just noticed that I couldn't use the "SLF4J Logger" template. The reason is, that the dependency on slf4j can not be recognised although I have an slf4j plugin on the classpath.

The built-in template states "org.slf4j.api:slf4j.api". If I create my own template the dependency looks like this: "org.slf4j:slf4j-api".

I asume that the original template was created with the org.sfl4j.com plug-in that is distributed with eclipse. I've had some issues with this so I use the jar downloaded directly from slf4j.com. This has a different bundle name: slf4j.api.

Is there a way to define the dependencies on packages, like it is possible in the manifest editor?

Greetings
Christoph
Re: [snipmatch] dependency names [message #1485620 is a reply to message #1482445] Mon, 24 November 2014 11:50 Go to previous message
Andreas Sewe is currently offline Andreas SeweFriend
Hi Christoph.

Quote:

Is there a way to define the dependencies on packages, like it is possible in the manifest editor?

Defining dependencies on packages (ideally with version ranges) is not possible, as Code Recommenders tracks dependencies (unlike OSGi) not on the package level but on the JAR/project level.

That being said, it would be useful if one could define aliases so that the OSGi-fied SLF4J (org.slf4j.api:slf4j.api) and plain-vanilla SLF4J (org.slf4j:slf4j-api) would be treated as equivalent. Progress on this will be tracked in Bug 453010.
Previous Topic:[snipmatch] branch format-5?
Next Topic:Java Jogek.ER Malware in current Snapshot?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 14:28:41 GMT 2024