Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Orion (Archived) » Exporting orion.product
Exporting orion.product [message #1403078] Mon, 21 July 2014 08:41 Go to next message
Pradyumna Achar is currently offline Pradyumna AcharFriend
Hello all,

I was able to get Orion from git and run it within Eclipse (OSGi Console) by following the instructions here (https://wiki.eclipse.org/Orion/Getting_the_source).

I was wondering what is the right way now to export this to an Eclipse product, in order to run it from outside of Eclipse as a standalone server? I tried the "Export an Eclipse Product" icon on the product definition in org.eclipse.orion.server.repository/orion.product, but it says "The product's defining plugin could not be found".

Some futher details:

I have my "Window->Preferences->Plug-in Development->Target Platform" set to org.eclipse.orion (from /org.eclipse.orion.target)
And I have under my "Run->Run Configurations->OSGi Framework" a run target called web-ide, which runs all fine.

Thank you
Regards
Pradyumna

I made a few minor changes, and those changes work fine within this OSGi run target.
Re: Exporting orion.product [message #1403167 is a reply to message #1403078] Tue, 22 July 2014 03:27 Go to previous message
Pradyumna Achar is currently offline Pradyumna AcharFriend
Update on this:
After I de-selected the "Synchronize before exporting", it went past the "The product's defining plug-in could not be found" error.

But then, it gave this error instead:
Missing requirement: Help System Base 4.0.200.v20140606-1215 (org.eclipse.help.base 4.0.200.v20140606-1215) requires 'bundle org.eclipse.core.net 1.2.200' but it could not be found.
In the Target Definition file, in the "Content" tab, I do see this plugin "org.eclipse.core.net 1.2.200". Although, additionally it also shows a fragment there by name "org.eclipse.core.net.linux.x86_64 (1.1.100)".

But I was able to export it after removing two plugins from org.eclipse.orion.base.feature/feature.xml - "org.eclipse.help.base" and "org.eclipse.help.webapp".
Previous Topic:Live editing, reconciling
Next Topic:Integration of Xtext with Flux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 20:06:04 GMT 2024