Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Problems resolving "sun.reflect.generics.reflectiveObjects"
Problems resolving "sun.reflect.generics.reflectiveObjects" [message #1392722] Wed, 02 July 2014 19:07 Go to next message
Raghuram Devarakonda is currently offline Raghuram DevarakondaFriend
I am trying to OSGify the project https://github.com/wordnik/swagger-core, and in the process, found that swagger-core module from the above project uses the package "sun.reflect.generics.reflectiveObjects". So when I try to load this bundle, Virgo gives an error:

[2014-07-02 14:54:48.184] fs-watcher                   <DE0002E> Installation of bundle 'com.wordnik.swagger-core_2.10' version '1.3.6' failed. org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.osgi.framework.UnableToSatisfyBundleDependenciesException: Unable to satisfy dependencies of bundle 'com.wordnik.swagger-core_2.10' at version '1.3.6': Cannot resolve: com.wordnik.swagger-core_2.10
    Resolver report:
        An Import-Package could not be resolved. Resolver error data <Import-Package: sun.reflect.generics; version="0.0.0">. Caused by missing constraint in bundle <com.wordnik.swagger-core_2.10_1.3.6>
             constraint: <Import-Package: sun.reflect.generics; version="0.0.0">

I am using virgo-tomcat-server-3.6.2.RELEASE. The file "configuration/java6-server.profile" contains the entry "sun.*" in the section "org.osgi.framework.bootdelegation" so based on the Virgo user guide at
https://www.eclipse.org/virgo/documentation/virgo-documentation-2.1.1.RELEASE/docs/virgo-user-guide/htmlsingle/virgo-user-guide.html#configuring-osgi-framework

"sun.reflect.generics.reflectiveObjects" should have been resolved so I am not sure why I am running into this problem. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Raghu
Re: Problems resolving "sun.reflect.generics.reflectiveObjects" [message #1392912 is a reply to message #1392722] Thu, 03 July 2014 01:52 Go to previous message
Raghuram Devarakonda is currently offline Raghuram DevarakondaFriend
After trying various combinations, I found that adding the following entries in java6-server.profile in the section "org.osgi.framework.system.packages" solves the problem of importing "sun.reflect.generics" package.

sun.reflect.generics,\
sun.reflect.generics.reflectiveObjects,\
Previous Topic:updating configuration properties via OSGi console
Next Topic:Has Virgo plan or bundle OGSi deployment service?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 18:49:38 GMT 2024