Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse Process Manager (Stardust) » Data Entity Beans can't resolve
Data Entity Beans can't resolve [message #1219367] Tue, 03 December 2013 14:41 Go to next message
asd mueller is currently offline asd muellerFriend
Hey everybody,

I'm trying to start with Stardust and have a little Problem. I can Create a new Processmodel, but I can't execute it. I think Eclipse have some Problems resolving some classes for some Data elements in the model. For example the Data element Last Activity Performer can't find the "org.eclipse.stardust.engine.core.runtime.beans.IUser" class. I tried it on Windows and Linux aswell. Did I something wrong?

Best regards
Re: Data Entity Beans can't resolve [message #1219386 is a reply to message #1219367] Tue, 03 December 2013 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jan Hendrik Scheufen is currently offline Jan Hendrik ScheufenFriend

Hi,

can you elaborate a bit when you say "can't execute it" are you referring to opening the process model in the Eclipse modeler and you would see warnings or do you mean when you're deploying it into a runtime instance? Essentially you're missing some libs on the classpath. Just trying to determine in what area the problem occurs.

Thanks,

Jan
Re: Data Entity Beans can't resolve [message #1219391 is a reply to message #1219386] Tue, 03 December 2013 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm trying to debug the Process Definition. An Dialog says that the model has inconsistencies which might prevent from debugging. If I ignore it, the debugging starts, but nothing happens. The Worklist is empty. In the Errorsection are all missing classes listed: UserHome, UserPK, IUser and DeployedModelDescription.

I did everything shown in this Video: http://www.eclipse.org/stardust/videos/IPP_Tutorial_Part_4_-_Modeling_Your_First_Process.mp4
Even the Process is the same.In an empty Process the Data has from the beginning that missing resolved Problems, too.

All missing Classes are in the org.eclipse.stardust.engine.api.runtime Package. I can't find any of this in my installation. Stardust was installed via Eclipse Online Update.

Do I maybe have to install the IPP Portal?
Re: Data Entity Beans can't resolve [message #1219426 is a reply to message #1219391] Tue, 03 December 2013 19:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jan Hendrik Scheufen is currently offline Jan Hendrik ScheufenFriend

For the debugging (and also Model Validation) to work the process model in Eclipse needs to be contained in a project that has some basic Stardust libraries on its classpath. One of the videos preceding the one you mention above explains the setup of the workspace. There are two main ways to accomplish this:

1. Rapid Application Development (RAD)
    Create a so called Rapid Application project which is a "Dynamic Web Project" with Stardust facets added to it. Placing your process model inside this project resolves the ClassNotFound issues.
    See: https://infinity.sungard.com/documentation/ipp/7.2/topic/org.eclipse.stardust.docs.wst/html/wst-integration/toc.html
  2. Maven Dependency
    If you have your process model inside a simple Java project which uses Maven for dependency management (Eclipse M2E plugins), you can also manually add the required libriaries via this dependency:
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.eclipse.stardust.engine</groupId>
      <artifactId>carnot-engine</artifactId>
      <version>1.0.1</version>
      <scope>provided</scope>
    </dependency>

Re: Data Entity Beans can't resolve [message #1219603 is a reply to message #1219426] Wed, 04 December 2013 20:57 Go to previous message
Thanks Jan for the reply. It should be Problem Number 1. I created a new dynamic Web Project, but I can select the Stardust Portal on page 2 of the assistent. I installed all Eclipse Process Manager Plugins as shown here. I think I have to install that Stardust Portal, but I can't find a guide for that. I also tried to install the Plugins from the old sunguard Server as shown here: infinity.sungard.com/documentation/ipp/7.2/index.jsp?topic=/com.infinity.bpm.docs.installation/html/installation/ig-quick-install.html

In this guide there was shown a way to add new auditTrail Databases: infinity.sungard.com/documentation/ipp/7.2/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.stardust.docs.wst/html/wst-integration/configuration.html
There is no Button for that too, in my installation. Is that caused by the same Problem?

[Updated on: Wed, 04 December 2013 20:57]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Maven repository links are broken
Next Topic:How to delegate the Activity to UserGroup
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 13 00:29:44 GMT 2024