Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Dynamic Languages Toolkit (DLTK) » Change path delimiter (from "\" to "/") in resolved relative paths (how can I change back slash to forward slash?)
Change path delimiter (from "\" to "/") in resolved relative paths [message #894727] Tue, 10 July 2012 09:37
Boris Blajevici is currently offline Boris BlajeviciFriend
Hi everybody

I'm working on a tcl proj with the dltk plugin in eclipse juno.

I've set a folder from the file system (c:\projX\files\) as linked ressource in my eclipse project. All files are contained in this folder.

In the tcl code I adress a certain file from this folder:

e.g.
source test.txt

But when I run the script I get an error: Couldn't read file test.txt - file or folder not found

If I point to this line with the mouse in the editor the tooltip shows "C:\projX\files\test.txt" - which is ok, it seems the relative path works and is resolved correctly

Next thing, I tried to hard code the path:

source C:\projX\files\test.txt

...but I still get the same error!!!

The same error also with
source C:\\projX\\files\\test.txt

After many tries I found out that the tcl interpreter only "understands" paths with forward slash as delimiter. If I hard code the path with forward slash "/" the file is found and read:

source C:/projX/files/test.txt

So it seems that eclipse resolves the relative path and uses backslash as delimiter which cannot be read as a valid path by the tcl interpreter.

Is there a setting in eclipse/dltk/tcl to switch the path delimiter from "\" to "/" when resolving relative paths?

Many thanks in advance.

Boris

Previous Topic:Issue with remote debugging in python IDE
Next Topic:How to make JRuby 'Fast Ruby Debugger' work
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 10:09:32 GMT 2024