Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Dynamic Languages Toolkit (DLTK) » Can't figure out how to use rvm with Eclipse and DLTK(Urgent)
Can't figure out how to use rvm with Eclipse and DLTK [message #843140] Thu, 12 April 2012 20:03
Missing name Missing name is currently offline Missing name Missing nameFriend
I'm setting up my local environment to debug some legacy application we have at work. The problem is this:

on Stackoverflow I read that I only needed to setup a .rvmrc file with the following line:

rvm use ruby-1.8.6-p420@xml2rpc --default

But when I execute the script Eclipse asks me for the interpreter (so my guess is rvm is completely ignored). Even if I set the interpreter pointing to the same pointed by .rvmrc I'm having the following error:

/home/eianni/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.8.6-p420/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:779:in `report_activate_error': Could not find RubyGem rails (>= 0) (Gem::LoadError)
    from /home/eianni/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.8.6-p420/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:214:in `activate'
    from /home/eianni/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.8.6-p420/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:1082:in `gem'
    from /home/eianni/workspace/xml2rpc/script/../config/boot.rb:38
    from /home/eianni/workspace/xml2rpc/script/../config/environment.rb:2:in `require'
    from /home/eianni/workspace/xml2rpc/script/../config/environment.rb:2
    from /home/eianni/workspace/xml2rpc/script/xml2rpc:2:in `require'
    from /home/eianni/workspace/xml2rpc/script/xml2rpc:2

My guess is is not taking my gems in consideration. Could you tell if there is a way to solve this? I have read I should have included the gems as an external library but do I need to include the root directory for every specific gem or can I just include the directory containing the gems?

I need to debug and I'm doing it using command line: not that funny. Tnx.
Previous Topic:DLTK API + source
Next Topic:TCL Remote Debugging Issue - Not able to step-into a proc
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 17:28:24 GMT 2024