Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » problems with compiling 4diac forte on raspberry pi 4
problems with compiling 4diac forte on raspberry pi 4 [message #1864852] Mon, 15 April 2024 08:06 Go to next message
Konstantin Pushkov is currently offline Konstantin PushkovFriend
I am trying to compile 4diac forte on raspberry pi 4 from the develop branch. But when connecting sysfs, an error occurs (compilation error.png).
When running multiple times setup_posix.sh the error disappears, but the QX and IX function blocks are not created(run develop.png). Can you tell me how to fix the error?
Re: problems with compiling 4diac forte on raspberry pi 4 [message #1865025 is a reply to message #1864852] Wed, 24 April 2024 19:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Sorry for the late reply. When I saw your message I checked and thought it will be a quick fix. Unfortunately during one of the updates the process interface for sysfs was broken. This would need a bit of work for which I haven't found time yet.
Re: problems with compiling 4diac forte on raspberry pi 4 [message #1865193 is a reply to message #1865025] Sun, 28 April 2024 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ketut Kumajaya is currently offline Ketut KumajayaFriend
Alois Zoitl wrote on Wed, 24 April 2024 19:00
Sorry for the late reply. When I saw your message I checked and thought it will be a quick fix. Unfortunately during one of the updates the process interface for sysfs was broken. This would need a bit of work for which I haven't found time yet.

Sir, please fix one of the module, sysfs or i2c as an example and I will try to fix the others. Thank you.
Re: problems with compiling 4diac forte on raspberry pi 4 [message #1865211 is a reply to message #1865193] Sun, 28 April 2024 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Unfortunately the situation is not so easy. Several of these IO systems still implement the old IO interface and should be migrated to the new modular IO system. Examples for these are modbus_ng or wago modular. The new IO subsystem would be much better suited and deliver better performance compared to how it is currently implemented. Therefore I'm not sure if it makes sense to just fix it.
Re: problems with compiling 4diac forte on raspberry pi 4 [message #1865247 is a reply to message #1865211] Mon, 29 April 2024 14:13 Go to previous message
Ketut Kumajaya is currently offline Ketut KumajayaFriend
Alois Zoitl wrote on Sun, 28 April 2024 16:54
Unfortunately the situation is not so easy. Several of these IO systems still implement the old IO interface and should be migrated to the new modular IO system. Examples for these are modbus_ng or wago modular. The new IO subsystem would be much better suited and deliver better performance compared to how it is currently implemented. Therefore I'm not sure if it makes sense to just fix it.

I completely understand that there may still be many things that need to be improved. Thank you for your response.
Previous Topic:How to create service for FORTE using Windows
Next Topic:Erro when use the Maven
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 06:50:16 GMT 2024