Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » how to silence 'org.apache.aries.spifly.BaseActivator' and 'org.slf4j.simple.Simpl' console messages
how to silence 'org.apache.aries.spifly.BaseActivator' and 'org.slf4j.simple.Simpl' console messages [message #1864688] Wed, 03 April 2024 11:59 Go to next message
Lukasz Kurek is currently offline Lukasz KurekFriend
Hi,

Is there a way (preferably via some Java property, 'eclipse.ini' entry, command line switch, etc.) to silence the following two console log messages I'm always getting when starting Eclipse (at least 2023-12/4.30 and 2024-03/4.31)?

-------------------------------
Apr 02, 2024 9:36:00 AM org.apache.aries.spifly.BaseActivator log
INFO: Registered provider org.slf4j.simple.SimpleServiceProvider of service org.slf4j.spi.SLF4JServiceProvider in bundle slf4j.simple
-------------------------------

Wszebor
Re: how to silence 'org.apache.aries.spifly.BaseActivator' and 'org.slf4j.simple.Simpl' console mess [message #1864755 is a reply to message #1864688] Sun, 07 April 2024 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I asked someone where one should ask such a question and they suggested here:

https://lists.apache.org/list.html?user@aries.apache.org

Probably setting some approach property to OFF will do the trick:
    /**
     * OFF is a special level that can be used to turn off logging.
     * This level is initialized to <CODE>Integer.MAX_VALUE</CODE>.
     */
    public static final Level OFF = new Level("OFF",Integer.MAX_VALUE, defaultBundle);

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: how to silence 'org.apache.aries.spifly.BaseActivator' and 'org.slf4j.simple.Simpl' console mess [message #1864989 is a reply to message #1864755] Mon, 22 April 2024 13:11 Go to previous message
Lukasz Kurek is currently offline Lukasz KurekFriend
Thank you for the answer and the hint.

So, do I understand this correctly that the reason of these messages is not in wrong/missing internal Eclipse logger configuration but in Apache Aries outputting something using default 'java.util.logging' configuration (https://github.com/apache/aries/blob/trunk/spi-fly/spi-fly-core/src/main/java/org/apache/aries/spifly/BaseActivator.java)?

I found one way to silence these messages - via setting 'java.util.logging.config.file=non-existent-file.properties' property (e.g. in 'config.ini') - but it looks quite brutal and I'm not sure what other (potentially desired) debugging may it potentially affect/block.

W.
Previous Topic:IntroPart is null when show welcome screen from Window>Show View > Others.. > General >
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 08:20:14 GMT 2024