Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » No Deployment Perspective
No Deployment Perspective [message #1864070] Thu, 14 March 2024 08:16 Go to next message
Beryl Wicaksono is currently offline Beryl WicaksonoFriend
I am really new to 4DIAC and IEC61499. I just try to follow the first step tutorial to build Blinking Application. I am stuck on the phase of 4DIAC FORTE deployment. On my 4DIAC IDE, there is no "Deployment Perspective" as shown on the attached screenshot below. I use 4DIAC IDE 2.0.1 and 2.0.0, they are the same (no Deployment Perspective). I use Windows 11 running on Parallels Desktop on my MacOS.
Thank you for any help.
Re: No Deployment Perspective [message #1864082 is a reply to message #1864070] Thu, 14 March 2024 14:16 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi,

first of all welcome to Eclipse 4diac! Happy to have you here.

4diac IDE changed a lot over the last years and we are not coming up with keeping our documentation up to date. We removed quite some time ago the deployment perspective to make deploying more fluent. You can now deploy by just right clicking on any deployable item (i.e., device, resource, system) either in one of the editors or in the system explorer and select the deploy menu entry.

Please also note that we now have also working versions for MacOS. However only for the upcoming release. You can get a preview version of the upcoming release from here: https://download.eclipse.org/4diac/updates/milestone/
This version is much more powerful, especially when it comes to ST support.

I would also use this as an opportunity and point out that we moved the documentation to github and migrated it to AsciiDoc: https://github.com/eclipse-4diac/4diac-documentation
This would allow to easily support us in improve our documentation. Any support here would be extremly helpfull.

Cheers,
Alois
Previous Topic:Transfer fboot to a microprocessor
Next Topic:HTTP - Initialization
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 09:30:29 GMT 2024