Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » RCP Testing Tool » Update the Text of a Pull Down Toolbar Action moves it as child of the pulldown
Update the Text of a Pull Down Toolbar Action moves it as child of the pulldown [message #1862999] Wed, 10 January 2024 17:19
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

I'm currently experimenting with an existing Action form the Eclipse Platform to adjust it to my use case. For that I would like to show a text besides the image of the Toolbar action. This is in itself not hard using the mode="FORCE_TEXT" option in the plugin.xml.

However everytime I try to change the text of the Action The action is moved from the toolbar into the pull down of the toolbar entry. In the toolbar no icon and no text is shown. Only the black down arrow from the drop town toolbar entry stays. When clicking on that the pull down is showing only the entry that should be in the toolbar. The original drop-down entries sometimes show up when clicking that action. I tried different places to update the text (i.e., in the display thread, in selectionChanged, in run) but in all cases I get the same result.

So I'm thinking that this is either a bug or not possible.

If it is a bug what do I need to do to fix it?

If it is not possible does it mean I need to re-implement all the functionality with the newer dynamic content infrastructure?
Previous Topic:Can not start RCPTT tests with a bundle based on 2020-06
Next Topic:Contribution Guide problems
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 00:49:46 GMT 2024