Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » How to Add Database Driver and Connection Profile to a Setup(How/where do I add a JDBC driver definition and a connection profile to a setup:Configuration)
How to Add Database Driver and Connection Profile to a Setup [message #1862410] Sat, 02 December 2023 21:31 Go to next message
Martin Phelan is currently offline Martin PhelanFriend
I have created an Oomph setup:configuration script to install "Eclipse IDE for Enterprise Java and Web Developers" 2023-09. The basic script works fine and installs the product.

Now I want to add a JDBC Driver definition and Connection Profile to this install process. I cannot find out how to do this through numerous web searches. I finally resorted to using ChatGPT to assist, but its solution did not work. Maybe it is just making up the solution.

I have attached the script file which runs, but does not create the JDBC Driver or Connection Profile, NOR does it create a workspace with the name given in the script.

Is it possible to do what I want to do?

Thanks much,
Marty
Re: How to Add Database Driver and Connection Profile to a Setup [message #1862412 is a reply to message #1862410] Sun, 03 December 2023 07:05 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Where is a JDBCDriverTask coming from? It looks like these were added by (incorrect) textual editing. The prefix setup:JDBCDriverTask suggested they come from the setup model, but that's not the case. I assume such tasks are meant to run in launched IDE and not in the installer, which does not have the implementation classes for those tasks.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:How to create empty workspace in configuration
Next Topic:RepositoryIntegrityAnalyzer does not detect feature license
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 10:24:25 GMT 2024