Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » How to create empty workspace in configuration(Need to know how to create an empty workspace within an oomph configuration)
How to create empty workspace in configuration [message #1862406] Fri, 01 December 2023 20:16 Go to next message
Martin Phelan is currently offline Martin PhelanFriend
I have created an installation configuration to use with our development team. It works correctly for the "installation" section. It successfully installs Eclipse for JEE Developers 2023-09, makes changes to eclipse.ini, and installs a Weblogic Server Tools for Eclipse.

I would also like it to create an empty workspace with a specific name as part of the setup. I would prefer that it not prompt the user for workspace information.

There is no project being setup at this point. That will be cloned from git later on (requires vpn, login, and 2 factor authentication). The developer will do this step manually for now.

I have the below section included in the <setup:configuration> file, but no workspace is created. It just prompts the user for the workspace information during setup.

<workspace
      name="workspace-drb-2023-09"
      label="DRB Eclipse 2023-09 Workspace">
    <description>
      The DRB Eclipse 2023-09 Installation workspace provides
      cool stuff.
    </description>
  </workspace>

After I find out how to do this, I want to add a Database Driver definition, but I will start another topic for that.

I am using Eclipse Installer version 2023-09. I have read everything I can get my hands on and have enlisted ChatGPT to help as well, but to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Marty
Re: How to create empty workspace in configuration [message #1862411 is a reply to message #1862406] Sun, 03 December 2023 06:58 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
A workspace is created by a Workspace task which is in the root of each Project Catalog:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<setup:WorkspaceTask
    xmi:version="2.0"
    xmlns:xmi="http://www.omg.org/XMI"
    xmlns:setup="http://www.eclipse.org/oomph/setup/1.0"
    id="workspace"
    location="${user.home/special-workspace}"/>
It's location is generally prompted, when the location is empty, based on the rules that determine where it is to be located, but you can set the location as you wish.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Eclipse Installer MacOS: Launch automatically did not work
Next Topic:How to Add Database Driver and Connection Profile to a Setup
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 19:11:16 GMT 2024