Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Corrupted TEXT.nls file for French accented characters + permission not granted error on js build.sh
Corrupted TEXT.nls file for French accented characters + permission not granted error on js build.sh [message #1861895] Sat, 11 November 2023 01:02 Go to next message
J D is currently offline J DFriend
Hi there everyone,

I have built a multilanguage application by closely following the instructions given in https://eclipsescout.github.io/scout-docs/23.2/sdk/sdk-eclipse.html#sec-sdk_nls for translated text entries.

However, in the last three 3 days my TEXT.nls file becomes "corrupted" anytime I add a new entry. For example, I have the following entries in the file:

Account status
Activated
Active
Active employee
Actual state

This is how the translated entries are presented, even after I correctly typed the translations (see attachment):

�tat du compte
Activ�
En activit�
Salari� en activit�
�tat actuelle

I've deleted my project and restored from backups at least 15 times already over the last three days and each time I make the necessary changes and then try to run the application from the IDE, I notice that the TEXT.nls file is corrupted and the accented French characters are garbled.

But in the TEXTS_fr.properties file, the entries are correct !!!!!

And finally, when I try to RUN the application in the Eclipse IDE, I get a message box error that says

Exception occurred executing command line.
Cannot run program "/home/jd/eclipse-scout-ygapp-workspace/ygapp/ygapp/run-configs/js build.sh" (in directory "/home/jd/eclipse-scout-ygapp-workspace/ygapp/ygapp.ui.html"): error=13, Permission non accordée

I really don't know what to do anymore, and I'm really hoping someone here can help me get to the bottom of this matter.

Thanks for your kind assistance.

Cheers,

JD

Programming environment: Linux Mint
Java version: 17
Eclipse version: 2023.09
Scout version: 23.2

[Updated on: Sat, 11 November 2023 01:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Corrupted TEXT.nls file for French accented characters + permission not granted error on js buil [message #1861898 is a reply to message #1861895] Sat, 11 November 2023 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Villiger is currently offline Matthias VilligerFriend
Hi J D

Seems you missed the migration of the .properties files when migrating to 23.2.

Have a look at the migration guide.

The migration consists of basically 4 steps:

1. Migrate your existing .properties files from ISO-8859-1 to UTF-8
  2. Migrate your own code loading/storing .properties files to use UTF-8 (if you have such code)
  3. Update your IDE settings to use UTF-8 for .properties files.
  4. Update .editorconfig file

Maybe you missed a step (my guess is step 3 is missing)? Try the following:

Restore your .properties files from the backup. Afterwards follow the steps in the migration guide again. Please also ensure to execute step 3: Check Window -> Preferences -> General -> Content Types -> Text -> Java Properties File: At the bottom please update the "Default encoding" to "UTF-8" and press update. Afterwards close all NLS editors and reopen them again. Now it should work as expected.

Hope this helps

Kind regards
Mat

[Updated on: Sat, 11 November 2023 08:28]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Corrupted TEXT.nls file for French accented characters + permission not granted error on js buil [message #1861909 is a reply to message #1861898] Sun, 12 November 2023 19:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi there Mat,

I completely missed that part !!!

Thanks a million. It works properly now.

Cheers,

JD
Re: Corrupted TEXT.nls file for French accented characters + permission not granted error on js buil [message #1861910 is a reply to message #1861898] Sun, 12 November 2023 19:06 Go to previous message
Hi there Mat,

I completely missed that part !!!

Thanks a million. It works properly now.

Cheers,

JD
Previous Topic:Access to Diagnostic servlet
Next Topic:Error by maven build
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 08 22:04:47 GMT 2024