Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mosquitto » Support for shared subscripition on EdgexFoundry Jatarka's release
Support for shared subscripition on EdgexFoundry Jatarka's release [message #1860598] Mon, 21 August 2023 03:36 Go to next message
Chirantan Datta is currently offline Chirantan DattaFriend
Could anyone provide insight into the support for shared subscriptions in EdgexFoundry's Jakarta 2.1 release, considering that MQTT 5's "shared subscription" feature, I've observed that even though EdgexFoundry Jakarta 2.1 doesn't support MQTT 5, I've managed to achieve shared subscriptions using the hivemq broker and the topic "\$share/group/topic". This situation has left me somewhat perplexed. Could someone elucidate the rationale behind this capability in the context of my observations?
Re: Support for shared subscripition on EdgexFoundry Jatarka's release [message #1860751 is a reply to message #1860598] Thu, 31 August 2023 13:33 Go to previous message
Gambit Support is currently offline Gambit SupportFriend
Some MQTT 3.x brokers have proprietary extensions to allow the equivalent feature that is standardized in MQTT 5,
since it is so useful.
Being proprietary means exactly that, you have to read the vendor's documentation to determine exactly what it
does.
Previous Topic:MQTT connection via Siemens PLC
Next Topic:"Error: Address already in use" when "per_listener_settings true" set
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 16:02:44 GMT 2024