Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » [Edapt] No metamodel found error, need additional information besides tutorial
[Edapt] No metamodel found error, need additional information besides tutorial [message #1860337] Sun, 30 July 2023 15:20 Go to next message
Sergio Canzoneri is currently offline Sergio CanzoneriFriend
Hi everyone,
I'm new to Edapt, and I've found out there is very little documentation about it and no real tutorial (only a brief, incomplete one).
Anyway, I have tried to follow the existing tutorial, but I cannot even start due to an error getting raised from the Operation Browser.

I have installed Eclipse Modeling Tools package, adding (for reasons related to the project I'm currently working on) Emfatic, Eugenia (Epsilon), and Xtext (and, of course, Edapt).
Now, the problem is that when opening the example workspace with the library example, when I open the ecore file with the Ecore editor (as reported in the tutorial), and then show the Operator Browser view, nothing seems to work, as I can neither create history nor see operators.
When trying to create history, an error is raised, saying "No metamodel found. Please open one." (I'm attaching a screenshot).
index.php/fa/43362/0/

My plan would be to make Edapt operators work with my use case, trying to extend it someway (my project consists of an Ecore metamodel associated with an Xtext syntax, so I'd need to update the Xtext syntax whenever updating the metamodel, and then find a way to migrate models through Edapt).

Thanks in advance for helping :)
Sergio
Re: [Edapt] No metamodel found error, need additional information besides tutorial [message #1860352 is a reply to message #1860337] Mon, 31 July 2023 18:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi everyone,
I've found out Edapt actually works with "Sample Ecore Model Editor" instead of "Ecore Editor", which I assume is an older version of the Ecore editor.
Do you think the migration of the tool would be difficult to implement, if I want to contribute?
I don't know whether the source code has enough documentation or not.

Thanks in advance,
Sergio
Re: [Edapt] No metamodel found error, need additional information besides tutorial [message #1860353 is a reply to message #1860352] Mon, 31 July 2023 18:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
It has been "Sample Ecore Model Editor" and "Sample Reflective Ecore Model Editor" for as long as I can remember, but since they are a bit of a mouthful "Ecore Editor" is often used as a shorthand.

And once shorthands get really lazy/confusing, "Ecore Editor" may even refer to the auto-generated editor for your Ecore metamodel.

[Updated on: Mon, 31 July 2023 18:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [Edapt] No metamodel found error, need additional information besides tutorial [message #1860453 is a reply to message #1860353] Mon, 07 August 2023 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks a lot for your explanation, Ed.
Re: [Edapt] No metamodel found error, need additional information besides tutorial [message #1860470 is a reply to message #1860453] Tue, 08 August 2023 14:16 Go to previous message
Johannes Faltermeier is currently offline Johannes FaltermeierFriend

As mentioned by Ed the "Sample Ecore Model Editor" is the official editor to edit .ecore models provided by EMF. This is registered as the default double click action/editor and Edapt integrates with this editor.

The "Ecore Editor" available from the context menu is an alternative editor. This is not provided by the EMF project itself but by EMF Forms. This editor does not offer all features/editing capabilities and has no Edapt integration.

Johannes Faltermeier

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Previous Topic:[EMF FORMS] View no content update
Next Topic:Negative values for Enum entries create an warning in the editor.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 16:52:40 GMT 2024