Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Extension Error(Extension)
Extension Error [message #1860293] Thu, 27 July 2023 07:11 Go to next message
Oueslati Anis is currently offline Oueslati AnisFriend
Hello,
I have this error on my project
org.eclipse.scout.rt.shared.extension.IllegalExtensionException: Contribution or inner class [com.test.apps.ext.client.DesktopExtension] is not allowed within the owner [com.test.apps.client.Desktop]. If this is an ordinary inner class, extract it to its own file.

Did any one experienced such error ?

I created a hello world scout project and wanted to extend it by adding a new outline.
So I created a client server shared project and in client I replaced the Desktop with Desktop Extension pointing to Desktop and it contain a new outline.

Kind Regards
Re: Extension Error [message #1860295 is a reply to message #1860293] Thu, 27 July 2023 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Merkli is currently offline Stephan MerkliFriend
Your class com.test.apps.ext.client.DesktopExtension must not be an inner class of com.test.apps.client.Desktop but instead be defined in its own .java file. Make sure to not forget to register your extension via IExtensionRegistry#register. There should be no need to replace the desktop directly when working with a desktop extension. When having a Desktop class anyway, you could define your outline directly in that class too instead of using a desktop extension.

Regards
Stephan
Re: Extension Error [message #1860582 is a reply to message #1860295] Fri, 18 August 2023 08:56 Go to previous message
Oueslati Anis is currently offline Oueslati AnisFriend
Thanks Stephan
Previous Topic:Manual: Extensibility for Scout 23 and later with TypeScript
Next Topic:Thrown VetoException not visible from Login form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 08 05:08:18 GMT 2024