Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mosquitto » MQTT with ESP32 and Android app(How to control ESP32 from Android app?)
MQTT with ESP32 and Android app [message #1859779] Tue, 27 June 2023 07:02 Go to next message
Yigal Bi is currently offline Yigal BiFriend
I have an ESP32 connected to sensors and operates motors, controlled from a panel with buttons.

Is there an off the shelf Android app which can be configured to control that ESP32 with MQTT?
Preferably, with an option to define my own buttons on the Android app - to hide the MQTT commands.
Re: MQTT with ESP32 and Android app [message #1860955 is a reply to message #1859779] Mon, 11 September 2023 16:55 Go to previous message
Anil  Garg is currently offline Anil GargFriend
Hi Yigal & guru of the forum

I am Noob (retired but curious about this tech).

I too have installed MQTT and have a sensor that is an ESP32 based on Tasmota. Using the MQTT explorer, I can see that there are entries in the ip add/stat/tasmota_nnnnnx/XXXXX.

I am hesitant to install a home asistant as my needs are very minimal and mqtt is installed on my one of my OPENWRT AP (I have three of them set in fast roaming).

If you have made any progress, can you please point me to any place that will help me set up an application on my phone to control these relays? See the image attached.
Previous Topic:"Error: Address already in use" when "per_listener_settings true" set
Next Topic:Mosquitto broker bridge disconnects and never connects back until restart
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 16:22:24 GMT 2024