Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » Unable to dynamically call an EOperation of a generated type
Unable to dynamically call an EOperation of a generated type [message #1859075] Wed, 10 May 2023 12:22 Go to next message
Matei Gabriel Anita is currently offline Matei Gabriel AnitaFriend
So I have a bunch of generated classes each of which define several operations.

When I try to dynamically invoke an operation using its id

(List<EObject>) (eObject).eInvoke(operations.get(i), ECollections.emptyEList());

I get an exception thrown with the message

No InvocationDelegate registered to provide an eInvoke implementation for getDescribingFunctionalChains

From what I've seen it's because I have no InvocationDelegate or factory to pick it for my particular type, but how exactly do I generate that? Or is it a different problem?
Re: Unable to dynamically call an EOperation of a generated type [message #1859079 is a reply to message #1859075] Wed, 10 May 2023 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Do you see a generated eInvoke method in your generated Impl classes? I.e., have you enabled the GenModel's Model -> Operation Reflection property for these models?

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Unable to dynamically call an EOperation of a generated type [message #1859093 is a reply to message #1859079] Thu, 11 May 2023 10:06 Go to previous message
Matei Gabriel Anita is currently offline Matei Gabriel AnitaFriend
Thanks for the quick answer! I did not, so that's probably the issue, I'll try it out.
Previous Topic:removing "Run As", "Debug As" ... popup menu items
Next Topic:EMF generates to the wrong directory
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 08:50:37 GMT 2024