Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » Stereotype in ecore model
Stereotype in ecore model [message #1858925] Mon, 01 May 2023 23:51 Go to next message
Hind Hamrouni is currently offline Hind HamrouniFriend
Hi,
I am new with EMF and core modeling, I created an ecore model and I want to add a stereotype to be applying for some eclass in the core metamodel. I did a lot of research but I didn't know how to do it . Can someone help me?
Thanks.
Re: Stereotype in ecore model [message #1858926 is a reply to message #1858925] Tue, 02 May 2023 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

Stereotype is a UML concept. Ecore does not support Stereotypes, although if I recall correctly there was an added-value project that supported EProfile and EStereotype. Sadly I forget the name of that now defunct project and Googling does not help me (a lot of Eclipse documentation is invisible to Google).

Since you are new to EMF, I suggest you learn to exploit EMF's many good facilities before you try to contort it into UML. Alternatively the UML2 project provides the facilities of UML and Java code generation via a UML2Ecore conversion.

(I tend to subscripe to the school of thought that UML Profiles and Stereotypes are an invention of the devil that discourages development of proper metamodels. If you are a primary metamodel developer, you should have the flexibility to design the metamodel right in the first place. If you are stuck trying to make an unsuitable third party metamodel suitable you need to be more imaginative. In addition to modeling approaches using layered models or roles, using Ecore you may use an EAnnotation to colour a metamodel at compile time or an eAdapter to decorate at run-time. If you just need to mark up to distinguish members of a Product line you may find a GenAnnotation in your product specific genmodel fits the bill.)

Regards

Ed Willink

[Updated on: Tue, 02 May 2023 07:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Stereotype in ecore model [message #1859438 is a reply to message #1858926] Wed, 07 June 2023 21:16 Go to previous message
Hind Hamrouni is currently offline Hind HamrouniFriend
Thank you so much
Previous Topic:EMF build to maven central issue ?
Next Topic:cdo_commit_infos table cleanup
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 07:26:35 GMT 2024