Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mosquitto » How to configure bridges to re-connect if the other end restarts?
How to configure bridges to re-connect if the other end restarts? [message #1858570] Sat, 08 April 2023 10:15 Go to next message
Gareth Howell is currently offline Gareth HowellFriend
I have three brokers: one central and two outliers. The central broker is set to persist messages and has bridge connections with QoS 2 to the two outlying brokers.

However, I am finding that if one of the outliers goes offline for some reason and the bridge breaks, the central broker does not attempt to re-establish the broken bridge.

An example of the bridge connection config:
connection <redacted>
address <redacted>
remote_username <redacted>
remote_password <redacted>
topic # out 2
topic # in 2

Questions:
1 Should the central broker try and re-connect the failed bridge?
2 If so, how do I debug why it isn't?

Guff
Re: How to configure bridges to re-connect if the other end restarts? [message #1860415 is a reply to message #1858570] Thu, 03 August 2023 16:21 Go to previous message
Gareth Howell is currently offline Gareth HowellFriend
Bump

This is becoming a serious problem as we are losing connectivity to remote brokers.

I've tried force-setting `keep alive_interval` `restart_timeout` but nothing changes. Sometimes the bridge connects, sometime sit doesn't. restarting the broker may help, but not always. The network connections are over either LANs or VPNs and reliable in every other respect.

Gareth
Previous Topic:Docker mosquitto: Starting in local only mode. Connections will only be possible from clients runni
Next Topic:MQTT no connection
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 03:09:05 GMT 2024