Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » OCL » Validation Delegate noy found(Looking for dynamic ecore example using validation delegate)
Validation Delegate noy found [message #1857729] Thu, 23 February 2023 07:02 Go to next message
Jörn Guy Süß is currently offline Jörn Guy SüßFriend

I have installed all OCL components into my latest version Eclipse instance and verified that they are working. I am trying to use a validation delegate
I am trying to use a validation delegate but while validating my ecore I am warned that the URL http://www.eclipse.org/emf/2002/Ecore/OCL is not registered as a delegate. Same with pivot. Does anyone have a working dynamic ecore example I could inspect?
Re: Validation Delegate noy found [message #1857734 is a reply to message #1857729] Thu, 23 February 2023 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
The OCL documentation has a fair few hints. In particular the standalone sections.

Without any repro or error messages I cannot tell whether it is EMF or OCL that is reporting the lack of registration or what activity is provoking the problem.
Re: Validation Delegate noy found [message #1857735 is a reply to message #1857734] Thu, 23 February 2023 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I will see aim to produce a minimal example.
Re: Validation Delegate noy found [message #1857743 is a reply to message #1857735] Thu, 23 February 2023 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you are running within Eclipse, the extension point should sort it all out automatically, if you have a regular installation.

If you are running standalone you have probably neglected to follow the necessary startup calls to populate EMF's registries.
Re: Validation Delegate noy found [message #1857744 is a reply to message #1857743] Thu, 23 February 2023 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I am running in Eclipse, I assume that there is a hidden failure during startup, it seems to work in a different installation.

When I see "seems to" I mean that I do not get the error message from the ECore Validator, while I *do* receive the message if I add an unknown URL. I have not added or tested any features that require the delegate.

I am not sure how the validation error is generated, and which debug I should set. However, it is an effect that is likely due to the installation. So I need to find that difference.

[Updated on: Thu, 23 February 2023 14:12]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Validation Delegate noy found [message #1857747 is a reply to message #1857744] Thu, 23 February 2023 17:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok. In Eclipse, so what tool is in use? Ecore Editor / GenModel editor / UML editor/ OCL editor / Papyrus / Validity View/ Background builder. What action triggers your awareness of a problem. What console text / popup / error log accompanies your awareness.

Come on, you are not a newbie. If you want help, provide some opportunity for help. See https://wiki.eclipse.org/OCL/ForumNetiquette
Re: Validation Delegate noy found [message #1857749 is a reply to message #1857747] Fri, 24 February 2023 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Case closed, error log revealed broken config data for PDE plugin. Once I switched workspace, the message went away and things started working. I can only assume it caused reading of later registries to fail somehow. What was confusing me was that the plugin registry view showed ecore plugin and extending OCL plugin loaded, yet the AnnotationValidationDelegate did not find the annotation. I was not asking for help, just for time to go after it. I am very grateful for attention to details. I can see your message count, so I know the work you invest, not just in your code.
Re: Validation Delegate noy found [message #1857751 is a reply to message #1857749] Fri, 24 February 2023 05:51 Go to previous message
Thanks for the kind words.

Once the config is faulty, there is no end to the 'magic' behaviors that can happen. Just one thing not working can ripple in very complex ways.
Previous Topic:OCLinEcore. How the set a attribute of type java.lang.Locale
Next Topic:OCL with Xtext Artifacts
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 10:33:58 GMT 2024