Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mosquitto » Connecting two Windows PCs via MQTT (local ethernet connection)(Connecting two Windows PCs via MQTT)
Connecting two Windows PCs via MQTT (local ethernet connection) [message #1857662] Mon, 20 February 2023 13:53 Go to next message
Lorenz Ziche is currently offline Lorenz ZicheFriend
Hi,

I am trying to connect two Laptops (one running Windows10, the other Windows11) via MQTT Bridge to send a sensor value frome one PC to the other.
The connection should be done locally via ethernet cable (it is not possible to connect to the internet).
This is necessary, as there is only one licence available for connecting with one sensor on one PC, visualisation and processing of all data is taking place on the other PC.

Setting up tow instances of MQTT communicating via MQTT-bridge on a single machine is working, but I can't get it to work with two seperate PCs.
Do I need to connect the computers via a switch or is it possible to just connect the LAN-ports? What IP addresses do I need to put in the config files and how can I bypass the firewall?

I am using current Mosquitto Versions.

Thank you very much for your support!
Re: Connecting two Windows PCs via MQTT (local ethernet connection) [message #1857870 is a reply to message #1857662] Thu, 02 March 2023 16:38 Go to previous message
Gambit Support is currently offline Gambit SupportFriend
No answer in 2 weeks. Google "how to connect 2 computers on a network" for suggestions.
Previous Topic:MQTT-SPY Question
Next Topic:AttributeError: module 'OpenSSL.SSL' has no attribute 'TLSv1_3_METHOD'
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 01:47:19 GMT 2024