Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mosquitto » AttributeError: module 'OpenSSL.SSL' has no attribute 'TLSv1_3_METHOD'(TLSv1.3 and python and mosquitto not working together)
AttributeError: module 'OpenSSL.SSL' has no attribute 'TLSv1_3_METHOD' [message #1857656] Sun, 19 February 2023 13:34 Go to next message
Byron Edwards is currently offline Byron EdwardsFriend
I am working on an online claw machine website and I have gotten the site working, but my python file that I use to connect to the mqtt broker, doesn't want to support tlsv3 and it errors out, I'm using openssl 1.1.1.n and it still doesn't want to, it says AttributeError: module ```'OpenSSL.SSL' has no attribute 'TLSv1_3_METHOD'``` Please help me fix this
Re: AttributeError: module 'OpenSSL.SSL' has no attribute 'TLSv1_3_METHOD' [message #1858151 is a reply to message #1857656] Fri, 17 March 2023 13:25 Go to previous message
Gambit Support is currently offline Gambit SupportFriend
I am running one of our clients https://github.com/gambitcomminc/monitor-thresh with freshly installed paho-mqtt
on Rocky Linux 8 and it uses TLS1.3 against a broker that supports it as verified by wireshark.
Our client does

client.tls_set(ca_certs=main.cafile, certfile=main.certfile, keyfile=main.keyfile, tls_version=ssl.PROTOCOL_SSLv23, cert_reqs=main.required)

Previous Topic:Connecting two Windows PCs via MQTT (local ethernet connection)
Next Topic:Basic TLS question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 14:52:43 GMT 2024