Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » Untrusted content when installing cdt
Untrusted content when installing cdt [message #1857472] Thu, 09 February 2023 10:54 Go to next message
Joakim Lönnberg is currently offline Joakim LönnbergFriend
When installing cdt with the latest Ooumph I get strange warnings for unsigned plugins when installing. I would expect that things from org.osgi* are signed properly but I still get the warnings.

Moreover, trying to install the plugins that are signed by our company gives the same type of warnings. However, downloading a packaged version of Eclipse CDT directly does not give the same warnings.

Any ideas on what might be going on here?
Re: Untrusted content when installing cdt [message #1857474 is a reply to message #1857472] Thu, 09 February 2023 13:11 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
It's like I explained here:

https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/mv/msg/1112450/1857399/#msg_1857399

Some things are unsigned because they are really old and the root certificate is not in the cacerts anymore. Some are unsigned with recent Java 11 and 17 versions where sha1 signatures are treated as unsigned. Is an annoying mess. Most of this content has now been pgp signed, but if you have them in your bundle pool already, the PGP signature won't be there. I'm thinking maybe I have to implement something that will copy the PGP signatures into the bundle pool's artifacts.xml so that 1000 people don't complain. :-(

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Eclipse IDE installer asks "do you trust these signers" - validity date: expired
Next Topic:How do I configure an .ini file for the new self extracting installer?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 06:14:19 GMT 2024