Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » Eclipse IDE installer asks "do you trust these signers" - validity date: expired
Eclipse IDE installer asks "do you trust these signers" - validity date: expired [message #1857396] Fri, 03 February 2023 15:16 Go to next message
Gernot  üller is currently offline Gernot üllerFriend
I just tried to install Eclipse IDE for Enterprise Java and Web Developers, version 2022-12, on a Windows 10 PC.
after some while, it complains that some certificate had expired
IDK what happens there, but this does not seem trustworthy
(screenshot is attached, hope the markup works)

index.php/fa/42892/0/

(bonus rant: I tried to file a bug in eclipse bugzilla, but could not find anything that matches the installer, so I try my luck here)
Re: Eclipse IDE installer asks "do you trust these signers" - validity date: expired [message #1857399 is a reply to message #1857396] Sat, 04 February 2023 06:47 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Some the artifacts of the release train were signed a very long time ago such that their root certificate is no longer in a modern/recent Java runtime's cacerts: Here's a report that includes signing details:

https://download.eclipse.org/releases/2022-12/202212071000/buildInfo/archive/download.eclipse.org/releases/2022-12/202212071000/

Some of these artifacts, in the meantime, have also been PGP signed (also seen in the report) to avoid this trust prompt. But if you've been using the installer for quite some years, those bundles will be in your bundle pool already without those PGP signatures...

In any case, that certificate looks like one that was valid at the time the signature was created and the artifact is properly signed by that certificate, otherwise the artifact would have been rejected and the install would have failed outright...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Can Eclipse Installer be run from command line?
Next Topic:Untrusted content when installing cdt
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 21:25:10 GMT 2024