Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » New Install Missing Arduino(Preferences/C/C++ Missing Arduino)
New Install Missing Arduino [message #1857339] Tue, 31 January 2023 21:59 Go to next message
Dirk v is currently offline Dirk vFriend
While watching a video about programming an Arduino the author stated how he was using Eclipse.

So, I decided to give it a try.

I am on a PC Windows 10 system.

I downloaded the installer and selected C/C++.

Now that it is installed, I am unable to even get started because there is no way to start an Arduino project.

I tried restarting my computer and that made no difference.

I have included a picture showing my Preferences, and one of my version information.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Re: New Install Missing Arduino [message #1857340 is a reply to message #1857339] Wed, 01 February 2023 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Installing the C/C++ support is a good start, but you should check the full video description to see if that's all you needed--I would think not.
You probably also need Sloeber from http://eclipse.baeyens.it/, as the C/C++ tools default to thinking you're targeting a system like
what they're being run on.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: New Install Missing Arduino [message #1857355 is a reply to message #1857340] Wed, 01 February 2023 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for your comment.

According to Eclipse.org the ability to program the Arduino is now part of Eclipse IDE. :https://www.eclipse.org/community/eclipse_newsletter/2018/july/arduino.php".

So that means I should not need any additional plug-ins..
Re: New Install Missing Arduino [message #1857375 is a reply to message #1857355] Thu, 02 February 2023 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hassan Izhar is currently offline Hassan IzharFriend
To install and set up C/C++ support for development, you need to have the C/C++ tools and Sloeber from the specified website. The default C/C++ tools may not be suitable for your target system, and Sloeber provides a more suitable environment for development. So, it is important to check the full video description and install both C/C++ tools and Sloeber to ensure that you have all the necessary components for development.
Re: New Install Missing Arduino [message #1857383 is a reply to message #1857375] Fri, 03 February 2023 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello, thank you for the information.

I wanted to try Eclipse's ability to program Arduino.

The reason I posted the issue I am having is because according to Eclipse's Newsletter July 2018 "The Arduino C++ extension for the Eclipse C/C++ IDE has been on the Eclipse Marketplace for a couple of years. It has been fairly popular consistently placing in the top 100 entries. For the Eclipse Photon release, we decided it was ready for prime time and it is now a full member of the Eclipse C/C++ IDE. Download and install the IDE and you're ready to go.".

So, I will check out the Sloeber plug-in.

But that does not fix the issue of the missing built in Arduino extension.

Thank you again.
Re: New Install Missing Arduino [message #1857464 is a reply to message #1857383] Wed, 08 February 2023 22:31 Go to previous message
Is there nobody that can help me with this issue?
Is there any other way to contact a support person?
I am unable to use Eclipse until I can get an answer.

Thank you.
Previous Topic:Is it possible to reduce size of .cproject file when not using managed builds
Next Topic:Eclipse cannot find library OPENCV4.7.0-dev
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 20 00:59:34 GMT 2024