Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » load model from xmi file
load model from xmi file [message #1856475] Mon, 12 December 2022 16:33 Go to next message
wld blm is currently offline wld blmFriend
Hello,

I'm new to EMF, I'm given 2 xmi files (a metamodel and a model) and I have to load them in my project.
When I try to load the model I have this error Exception in thread "main" org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.Resource$IOWrappedException: Package with uri '*' not found. (, 8, 17)

I read a lot about this error and people says that we have to register the package but I don't really understand what that means. All i have is this 2 xmi files.

Thank to y'all
Re: load model from xmi file [message #1856483 is a reply to message #1856475] Tue, 13 December 2022 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I can only guess what exactly you've tried and what the resources look like... Maybe all you need to do is register the metadata's namespace URI before you load the model:
    EPackage ePackage = (EPackage)metadataModel.getContents().get(0);
    resourceSet.getPackageRegistry().put(ePackage .getNsURI(), ePackage);

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: load model from xmi file [message #1856505 is a reply to message #1856483] Tue, 13 December 2022 15:48 Go to previous message
wld blm is currently offline wld blmFriend
Thanks for your answer,
actually i'v found how to do it here it's very well explained and yes it's exactly what you posted.

Regards
Previous Topic:[CDO] Release 4.21 Is Now Available
Next Topic:failed to read genmodel
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 08:17:26 GMT 2024