Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Dynamically add topics (and sub-topics) in Eclipse Help page(Allow creating Eclipse Help new topics on the fly (once help is already displayed))
Dynamically add topics (and sub-topics) in Eclipse Help page [message #1855790] Thu, 03 November 2022 11:17 Go to next message
Christophe Betton is currently offline Christophe BettonFriend
Hi all,

I'm currently working on improving our Help contribution (Eclipse RCP tool).
The Eclipse Help page is populated with our proprietary pages (TOC provider + Index provider + content producer extension points usage).
For some help part I need to cache help files since there are lots of documentation.

The delay to cache files, create TOC and set Index is very long (even if it's done the first time the Help is launched, time it's not acceptable).

I need to cache and create TOC + index once accessing a dedicated part of documentation only when needed (on the fly).

I successfully cached and added topics and sub-topics on the fly, but refreshing TOC provider is doing nothing (the sub-topics newly added are not accessible, I mean the "+" is not displayed)
Note that the files caching + TOC building are done via the Content producer (when clicking on the documentation topic, I want to be dynamically updated)

How can I achieve this dynamic operation, seeing newly created topics?
Is it possible to dynamically update Eclipse Help?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks a lot in advance .
Chris
Re: Dynamically add topics (and sub-topics) in Eclipse Help page [message #1856029 is a reply to message #1855790] Wed, 16 November 2022 08:28 Go to previous message
Christophe Betton is currently offline Christophe BettonFriend
I finally found a workaround to achieve this operation calling 'PlatformUI.getWorkbench().getHelpSystem().displayHelpResource(...)' to force page refresh on the right selected topic just being created (all the tree is well displayed).

Chris
Previous Topic:[Solved] Download link for Eclipse Platform API Java docs
Next Topic:Getting started with Eclipse Infocenter
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 19:32:11 GMT 2024