Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » What Font Does Sample Ecore Editor Use?
What Font Does Sample Ecore Editor Use? [message #1851142] Mon, 28 March 2022 23:46 Go to next message
Brandon Lewis is currently offline Brandon LewisFriend
I use one of the auto-generated ecore based editors in my plugin.

I now have a user asking how to change the font and font size and I can't figure out what font in the preferences section effects the size of that editor.

FWIW, I've never been asked this.

I've deployed my plugin as an Eclipse build that runs the workbench app. Perhaps there is some plugin regarding preferences I haven't included? Changing nearly all the fonts in the Basic and Java section does not affect the font size in my auto-generate EMF editor.

Linux 64 build.
Re: What Font Does Sample Ecore Editor Use? [message #1851143 is a reply to message #1851142] Tue, 29 March 2022 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Several Google searches mention CSS hacks that other searches say is out of date.

The most recent one I've seen refers to a font setting under:
View and Editor Folders -> Tree and Table font for Views

Unfortunately, none of my Eclipse installs have that Tree and Table font item. (I have some installs up to 2020_06)
Re: What Font Does Sample Ecore Editor Use? [message #1851150 is a reply to message #1851143] Tue, 29 March 2022 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
We don't actually set any fonts, so it's just the default as controlled by "View and Editor Folders -> Tree and Table font for Views" which is contributed by this plugin:

https://git.eclipse.org/c/platform/eclipse.platform.ui.git/tree/bundles/org.eclipse.ui/plugin.xml#n1612

So if you don't see that preference, you'd need to include this plugin in your installation.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: What Font Does Sample Ecore Editor Use? [message #1851174 is a reply to message #1851150] Tue, 29 March 2022 12:35 Go to previous message
Thanks!

That is one mysterious plugin as it's not in any of my installs up to 2020_06 and I can't find any place to download the plugin from.

Looks like it made its first appearance in 2020_09 according to another forum.
Previous Topic:xtext some .dsl files shall not be checked from grammar
Next Topic:[CDO] How can we prevent TimeoutRuntimeException for large commits
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 06:56:59 GMT 2024