Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Eclipse Scout 22 migration issue
Eclipse Scout 22 migration issue [message #1850784] Wed, 16 March 2022 21:31 Go to next message
J D is currently offline J DFriend
Hi there everyone,

I would first like to congratulate and thank the Eclipse Scout team on the release of version 22.

I've tried to migrate from version 11 to version 22 but I'm having a curious problem. After updating Eclipse and following the v22 migration guide, I tried to recompile my project.

I get 16 errors (actually the same error repeated 16 times in my pom files). The error is the following:

Quote:

Description Resource Path Location Type
CoreException: Could not get the value for parameter compilerId for plugin execution default-compile: PluginResolutionException: Plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.8.1 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to collect dependencies at org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:jar:3.8.1 -> org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-compiler-jdt:jar:2.4.0: ArtifactDescriptorException: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-compiler-jdt:jar:2.4.0: ArtifactResolutionException: org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-compiler-jdt:pom:2.4.0 failed to transfer from https://repo.eclipse.org/content/groups/releases/ during a previous attempt. This failure was cached in the local repository and resolution is not reattempted until the update interval of eclipse.release has elapsed or updates are forced. Original error: Could not transfer artifact org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-compiler-jdt:pom:2.4.0 from/to eclipse.release (https://repo.eclipse.org/content/groups/releases/): The operation was cancelled. pom.xml /myapp.server.app.war line 6 Maven Project Build Lifecycle Mapping Problem

The error appears on the same first line; <parent> in the pom files.
  <parent>
    <groupId>org.eclipse.scout.apps</groupId>
    <artifactId>myapp</artifactId>
    <version>1.0.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
    <relativePath>../myapp</relativePath>
  </parent>

I am working in Linux and I have Apache Maven 3.6.3 installed from the Linux Mint repository (sudo apt install maven).

Thanks a lot for your assistance.

JD
Re: Eclipse Scout 22 migration issue [message #1850792 is a reply to message #1850784] Thu, 17 March 2022 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi there everyone,

I finally got round the problem by updating the project using "Force Update....". However now when I try to run the app, the Webapp launch remains stuck at 63%

Any ideas what could be the problem?

Thanks a million,

JD
Re: Eclipse Scout 22 migration issue [message #1850801 is a reply to message #1850792] Thu, 17 March 2022 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Claudio Guglielmo is currently offline Claudio GuglielmoFriend
Hi JD,

this happens because the webpack build output has changed. You need to adjust your launch group. I've just added a section to the migration guide: https://eclipsescout.github.io/22.0/migration-guide.html#eclipse-launch-group
Re: Eclipse Scout 22 migration issue [message #1850805 is a reply to message #1850801] Thu, 17 March 2022 10:20 Go to previous message
Hi there Claudio,

Thanks a million. Everything is now working. I love the new look.

Cheers,

JD
Previous Topic:Eclipse Scout 22 is out now!
Next Topic:Scout 22 Contacts App
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 08 11:32:46 GMT 2024