Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » APP4MC » [Model Semantics] Preemptiveness is not a default algorithmic parameter
[Model Semantics] Preemptiveness is not a default algorithmic parameter [message #1849539] Mon, 24 January 2022 11:07
Rodolfo Jordao is currently offline Rodolfo JordaoFriend
Hello all!

[Question]
With the new extensible scheduler definition in the model, things became quite better! But I have a small question regarding the default definitions, inherited from the pre 1.2.0 static schedulers:
Is it the desired outcome that none of the default definitions have a "preemptive" algorithm parameter in them?

[Discussion]
It is true that all the default ones are preemptive by definition. So it is unnecessary to have any information about it. But once I put a non-preemptive scheduling policy (It could be a fixed priority non-preemptive policy), the distinction between would boil down to names. Say, like naming a definition OSEK.

[Partial answer]
Naturally I can just add these extra parameters myself when I need it. And for now I would agree this is the solution. But I wondered if such default definition change will happen later in case a new non preemptive policy is added to the pool of defaults?

Thanks!
Previous Topic: NO APP4MC Multicore Support Feature
Next Topic:Eclipse LSAT also wants to use JGraphT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 19:47:39 GMT 2024