Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mosquitto » Mosquitto Broker Bridge-mode: Why i'm recieving the published message one more time than expected?(mosquitto bridge between aws-iot and local broker)
Mosquitto Broker Bridge-mode: Why i'm recieving the published message one more time than expected? [message #1849522] Sun, 23 January 2022 16:28
Panagiotis Giannelos is currently offline Panagiotis GiannelosFriend

i finally made my mosquitto local broker bridge with the AWS iot broker work, but i'm experiencing some weird (according to my understanding) behavior.

I have set the topic like that in the config file topic
topic # both 0 b1/ b2/

According with the documentation, that means if i publish to b1/topic on the local broker, then the remote broker will receive a message on the topic b2/topic and vice versa (if i publish to b2/# from remote broker, the local broker will receive a message on the topic b1/#).

The second example seems to work fine, but when i'm publishing to b1/topic from local broker, i receive the message normally as b2/topic on the remote subscriber, but i also receive the message twice on a local subscriber to topic b1/#.

The flow on a node-red example will make you understand better my question (in the image below)
Previous Topic:Mosquitto Docker Synology
Next Topic:Cannot (reconnect) to mosquitto after broker restarted
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 20:21:25 GMT 2024