Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Help- "Map to" option not displayed
Help- "Map to" option not displayed [message #1848949] Sun, 26 December 2021 16:30 Go to next message
Nick Ladias is currently offline Nick LadiasFriend
Hello , I have an issue with hardware mapping, I am trying to map some FBs with the devices I have connected in my system configuration. The problem is I created the project and its application and I have made all the connections and when I hit right click, the "Map to" option does not appear. The strange thing is that I have a complete project loaded through when I downloaded the software and there right click works just fine, displaying hardware mapping normally. Can you help me? I am trying to map my FBs to the devices I want them to run and can't find a way to do so.

I have the 1.6.1 version of 4diac.

[Updated on: Mon, 27 December 2021 08:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Help- "Map to" option not displayed [message #1848971 is a reply to message #1848949] Mon, 27 December 2021 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi,

first of all I strongly recommend that you upgrade to the latest 4diac IDE release 2.0.0. 4diac 1.6.1 was released Nov 2014. Since then we had 9 major releases. We had so many bug fixes and improvements. If there the problem still appears please provide us with a screenshot this could help us to narrow your problem down.
Re: Help- "Map to" option not displayed [message #1848975 is a reply to message #1848971] Mon, 27 December 2021 18:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alois,
I have downloaded 4diac 2.0.0 but I cannot find the resources I need to implement my system configuration (RMT_FRAME or RMT_DEV) . My university project that I have to implement has to be done in the 1.6.6 version since that was given to us by the instructor , so the project should be able to run there. I am doing everything fine and I do not seem to understand why I am not given the option to map my FB devices. I am attaching a screenshot of my right click options. If there is anything else you want me to inform you about my problem tell me please.
Re: Help- "Map to" option not displayed [message #1848990 is a reply to message #1848975] Tue, 28 December 2021 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Nick,

yes these types are not officially part of the current 4diac releases. But you can simply copy them from your old project into your new ones if you like. If 2.0.0 is because of your assignment (I don't know what you have to submit) not possible you could give 1.8.4 a try. Which is the last version that has the same file format as 1.6.1.

Regarding your 1.6.1 problem. Could you also provide a screenshot of your system configuration?

thx,
Alois

PS May I ask at which university you are doing your project? May I contact your instructor to support them in upgrading to the latest 4diac version? We did so many usability improvements and bug fixes that this could be interesting for them.
Re: Help- "Map to" option not displayed [message #1849016 is a reply to message #1848990] Wed, 29 December 2021 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Alois ,
I downloaded the 1.8.4 version as you suggested me and it worked better. I was able to map my FBs and do whatever I had to for my assignment, except for the deployment part ,where I have problem connecting to the ports I assign inside the Runtime launcher . I am attaching you a screenshot of the error I got when tried to download .

As for your question of my university. This projects are in the context of a course called "Industrial Informatics" on the 9th semester of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. I won't be exact details on why and what is the decision of the lecturer to provide this version of 4diac , simply because I don't know . If you would like to get in touch with the instructor of the course I will info you with more on this, as soon as I get this project in 4diac done.

Thank you very much for your support!
Re: Help- "Map to" option not displayed [message #1849017 is a reply to message #1849016] Wed, 29 December 2021 16:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi,

I'm happy to help. Great that 1.8.4 gave you better results. The first thing I noticed is that you have two devices configured on port 61499 in your system configuration. I think one of the two should be on a different port. Have you configured the runtime locations in the preferences? In the screenshot I unfortunately don't see if you have devices running or not. But connection refused nearly always means that your devices are not running.

I hope this helps.
Re: Help- "Map to" option not displayed [message #1849046 is a reply to message #1849017] Thu, 30 December 2021 16:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
First of all you have been very helpful so far I managed to configure the rntime locations in the preferences by adding a .jar file for the FBRT location on the FBRT page and a forte.exe on the FORTE preferences page by movjng to the directory
runtime\FORTE\1.8.4\Win32\forte.exe (obviously for the 1.8.4 version we already mentioned)
The download and launch buttons now work and I get a MGR_ID on the console which I haven't been able to understand what exactly is. Anyway thet thing is the Restart screen I get i am supposed to type a number and see it incremented by 3 as this is the purpose of the project. That doesnt happen as I only see a zero on the other end .

I get some errors on the Deployment console which I show you on the screenshot below, feel free to give me any suggestions on this one. Also I am attaching you a screenshot of the program one my devices run (of type FORTE_PC) so that you could tell me mabye any problems there (for example the ID on the subscribe and publish FBs which i am not sure)

Thank you very much for your help again !
Re: Help- "Map to" option not displayed [message #1849061 is a reply to message #1849046] Fri, 31 December 2021 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

As it looks like your the 4diac FORTE executable you are using does not have the FB_ADD_INT type contained. Did you get for your exercise a special version of 4diac FORTE? If yes please use this one. Otherwise you need to build your own version of 4diac FORTE but as I don' know enough of the exercise you where given it is hard to tell what you need to do.
Re: Help- "Map to" option not displayed [message #1849080 is a reply to message #1849061] Sun, 02 January 2022 18:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello again Alois,
I was able to finally run the deployment and een though I had some errors the application seems to work since I am typing a number and I get it incremented by 3.

Now the question is how am I supposed to not hardcode a constant 3 in my FB_ADD_int, but another input by the user, say an integer for simplicity. I tried adding an IN_ANY again in the system's applciation, that was easy. However, I am not sure what I am I supposed to do with the publish or subscribe data FBs. I am taking about the function blocks mapped to the PC of course, but I have similar questions about the ones for the microcontroller, as well. Can you help me on this?

Am I supposed to 2 INT2INT function blocks and a SUBSCRIBE_2 on the microcontroller's application? If so, do I need a PUBLISH_2 on the other end?I have the same question for the PC as well

Re: Help- "Map to" option not displayed [message #1849081 is a reply to message #1849080] Sun, 02 January 2022 18:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Nick,

publishers and subscribers always come in at least in pairs. Depending on how much data you would like to send you need an according subscriber. But you not necessarily need to use just one publish/subscribe pair. You can also send data separately in more then one pub/sub pair. This depends on what you would like to achieve.
Re: Help- "Map to" option not displayed [message #1849082 is a reply to message #1849081] Sun, 02 January 2022 18:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What I would like to achieve is to input 2 numbers from the user and then do some kind of action, like mabye add them for instance. As I already mentioned, what do I have to do with the publish-subsrcibe pair in this case? Both for the microcontroller or the PC function blocks mapped on them.

[Updated on: Sun, 02 January 2022 20:05]

Re: Help- "Map to" option not displayed [message #1849148 is a reply to message #1849082] Wed, 05 January 2022 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I'm not sure if I understand your question. If you want to send two values at the same time you need a publish_2 block at the sender side and a subscribe_2 block on the receiver side. If you want to send individual values you need to use 2 Publish_1 and 2 subscribe_1 blocks.
Re: Help- "Map to" option not displayed [message #1849160 is a reply to message #1849148] Wed, 05 January 2022 18:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't why it is not clear but I'll be more specific. I want to input 2 numbers, don't really care if it happens at the same time or not, and then add them, let's assume I want to input them at the same time . I seem to not be able to understand what happens AFTER I map my two IN_ANYs with the publish_2 (for the PC.PANEL_RESOURCE) . How to I map the subscribe_2 block with my OUT_ANY block after that?

Similar question for the MICROCONTROLLER.EMB_RES, I think I understood how to connect the subsribe_2 with my FB_ADD_INT (through the RD_1,RD_2 and using int2int) on the two inputs of the FB_ADD_INT, but what happens then? Do I use a publish_2? how do I connect its inputs with the single output of the FB_ADD_INT?

I tried my best to explain my problem, I can't seem to find how to solve it, any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you very much Alois!

[Updated on: Wed, 05 January 2022 18:57]

Re: Help- "Map to" option not displayed [message #1849161 is a reply to message #1849160] Wed, 05 January 2022 19:06 Go to previous message

The problem is that I don't know your exact task for your exercise and how you solved it so far.

But from your explanation I think I understood more: why do you have 2 OUT_ANYs even if you have two inputs for the two values to add your result is just one value or have I missed something?
Previous Topic: How to set user token policy in opc ua configuration file
Next Topic:4Diac IDE - no option for Deployment perspective
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 12:12:46 GMT 2024