Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mosquitto » Minimum RAM requirements
Minimum RAM requirements [message #1848590] Thu, 09 December 2021 00:45 Go to next message
Dan Heidel is currently offline Dan HeidelFriend
Does anybody know what the minimum recommended RAM requirements for the Mosquitto broker are? I'm looking for a MQ solution that will run on a SBC with 512MB of RAM and was wondering if Mosquitto was a possibility.
Re: Minimum RAM requirements [message #1848594 is a reply to message #1848590] Thu, 09 December 2021 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Roger Light is currently offline Roger LightFriend
The RAM requirements will depend ultimately on what you're doing - if you have offline clients that are allowed to have thousands of messages queued you will start using up memory, for example.

512MB gives you a good amount of scope though. The lowest spec I've personally been involved with is a single core ARM with 256MB RAM, where Mosquitto was an addition to an existing system so it didn't have access to all of the RAM. The lowest spec I've heard of anyone using Mosquitto on is a MIPS system with 32MB RAM.

Cheers,

Roger
Re: Minimum RAM requirements [message #1848612 is a reply to message #1848594] Thu, 09 December 2021 17:51 Go to previous message
Dan Heidel is currently offline Dan HeidelFriend
Thanks! That's super helpful. I'm constrained to that 512MB on an ARM core. Sounds like Mosquitto is a possibility. A little heavier than I'd like but not impossible to work with. As long as the MQ can stay under 150MB, preferably 100MB of RAM usage, it should work.
Previous Topic:Local mode only
Next Topic:Issue with number of clients connected to mqtt broker
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 17:18:20 GMT 2024