Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » User prefererences(Scout 11 User prefererences not working)
User prefererences [message #1847561] Mon, 01 November 2021 12:49 Go to next message
Luis Nothvogel is currently offline Luis NothvogelFriend
Hi all,

It seems that since I updated to Scout 11 the User prefererences aren´t updated anymore. I coudn´t find anything in the technical guide. Do i have to change something so it works again?

I haven´t set the scout.client.userArea Setting, so it should be using the home directory. I also can find all the preference files, but they just dont get updated.

Thanks in advance :)

Edit: It gets updated but as soon as i log out and in again the prefs file gets overriden with the default values. What am i doing wrong?

[Updated on: Mon, 01 November 2021 13:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: User prefererences [message #1847769 is a reply to message #1847561] Sun, 07 November 2021 17:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Josh White is currently offline Josh WhiteFriend
Hi there, I don't think you https://macysinsite.club/ have to change anything. There might be some technical glitch that has occurred, Just restart it and I https://mypascoconnect.today/ hope it will work fine. Thank you.

[Updated on: Mon, 29 November 2021 09:37]

Report message to a moderator

Re: User prefererences [message #1847781 is a reply to message #1847561] Mon, 08 November 2021 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beat Schwarzentrub is currently offline Beat SchwarzentrubFriend
No, there were no changes related to the preferences. And when I just tested it locally, it worked fine.

To debug, check the following locations:

org.eclipse.scout.rt.client.services.common.prefs.FileSystemUserPreferencesStorageService
Verify that flushToDisk() is called when you change something (e.g. column width) that the data is written to the location you expect.
If you add a breakpoint in the load() method and restart your app, you should be able to verify that the exact same data is aready again.

org.eclipse.scout.rt.shared.services.common.prefs.Preferences
By adding a breakpoint to the clear() method, verify that your loaded preferences are not reset automatically.

org.eclipse.scout.rt.client.ui.ClientUIPreferences
If you still have no hint about what the problem is, add a breakpoint to one of the methods, e.g. getTableColumnWidth() and compare the requested keys with the data contained in the preferences map.

Regards,
Beat
Re: User prefererences [message #1847791 is a reply to message #1847781] Mon, 08 November 2021 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your reply.

So what i could see is that when i change something on the table, the change gets saved in the .prefs file. I could confirm that by checking the file and also the method flushToDisk() was called correctly. It was also saved to the right .prefs file for that specific user.

Now what i could observe is when i log out and back in again. The load method gets called but with a userScope of annonymous. Also the load method in my case doesnt do anything cause it seems it can´t find my .prefs and uses the legacyPrefs which also doesnt exist. Then after load() is done, the flushToDisk method is called, and flushes the default .prefs to the specific user .prefs.

I tried to screenshot it:
index.php/fa/41281/0/

Do i have to do something? Maybe set the correct UserScope on login?
Re: User prefererences [message #1847792 is a reply to message #1847791] Mon, 08 November 2021 15:00 Go to previous message
Ok so i found the problem. It is related to this post i did some time ago:
https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1109076/

But basically the problem was that i initialized the shared variables after i initialized the ClientUIPreferences. Thats why it was annonymous. So i just moved the
    String localeString =
      ClientUIPreferences.getClientPreferences(get()).get(PREF_USER_LOCALE, null);

to after i initialize the shared variables.

Thanks for the help :)
Have a good one.
Previous Topic:Best Practice Question
Next Topic:App in Scout 11 not working when scout.devMode=false
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 08 22:07:27 GMT 2024