Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » U2F hardware support in SWT Browser(Website supports U2F auth which works in Chrome browser but not in SWT Browser)
U2F hardware support in SWT Browser [message #1844664] Mon, 20 September 2021 18:29 Go to next message
Ashit Patel is currently offline Ashit PatelFriend
Hi,

My Java app is using SWT Browser to display OAuth pages of a website. The website supports 2 factor auth methods including U2F hardware such as Yubikey. This works with Chrome browser where the user specifies username and password on the first page, the user is redirected to a page with the image of a hardware key device, the user presses on the hardware key device such as Yubikey that's connected to the computer through a USB port, and the auth process completes successfully.

This flow does not work when the same auth URL is visited by launching the SWT Browser from my Java app. Is there a I would like to troubleshoot the issue using a javascript debugger that I can attach to SWT Browser? If so, what are the steps to do so?

Thanks.
Re: U2F hardware support in SWT Browser [message #1844720 is a reply to message #1844664] Thu, 23 September 2021 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin J is currently offline Martin JFriend
I think SWT still uses IE for browser. Note that IE is deplicated by Microsoft. So new features will not be supported.
Re: U2F hardware support in SWT Browser [message #1844739 is a reply to message #1844720] Thu, 23 September 2021 15:19 Go to previous message
Ashit Patel is currently offline Ashit PatelFriend
Thanks @Martin J. My app is running on Mac where I believe SWT Browser is using Chromium engine.
Previous Topic:Tracking manual changes made by user in SWT Table
Next Topic:Setting the location of a hover shell
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 20:58:52 GMT 2024