Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » [EMF] parse enum values surrounded by whitespace
[EMF] parse enum values surrounded by whitespace [message #1842705] Tue, 29 June 2021 12:13 Go to next message
Wilbert Alberts is currently offline Wilbert AlbertsFriend
Hi,

I created a genmodel (and ecore model) from an existing xml schema definition. The model contains a couple of enumerations. Then I generate an implementation and try to read some of the models I have (using the xmi serialization). These models are manually created. When parsing a list of enumeration values, some users have written:

<SupportedFormats>
      <elt>SUPPORTED_REPORT_FORMAT_TYPE_XML</elt>
   </SupportedFormats>

Others have written:
   <SupportedFormats>
      <elt>
         SUPPORTED_REPORT_FORMAT_TYPE_XML
      </elt>
   </SupportedFormats>

The implementation I generated, does not succesfully parse the second example as it tries to lookup an enumeration value that includes the newlines after <elt> and before </elt>.

Is there a way to configure the xmi parser such that it 'trims' whitespace of enumeration before trying to match them agains the set of allowed values?

Regards,
Wilbert
Re: [EMF] parse enum values surrounded by whitespace [message #1842709 is a reply to message #1842705] Tue, 29 June 2021 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
You'll need to specialize the implementation of the generated XyzFactoryImpl.createAbcFromString method to trim whitespace before looking up the enumerator.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: [EMF] parse enum values surrounded by whitespace [message #1842711 is a reply to message #1842709] Tue, 29 June 2021 12:50 Go to previous message
Wilbert Alberts is currently offline Wilbert AlbertsFriend
Hi Ed,

You just beat me to it.

The genmodel properties for an enumeration containa 'Convert-to-string Body' and a 'Create-from-string Body'. Copying the generated code of another enumeration and inserting the trim() operation in the Create-from-string Body did the trick indeed.

Thanks!

Regards,
Wilbert.
Previous Topic:Parsing a nested JSON containment references list
Next Topic:EMF model in runtime
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 04:33:35 GMT 2024