Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » image in text field - or how high is 1.3 cm?
image in text field - or how high is 1.3 cm? [message #1842538] Tue, 22 June 2021 18:21
Hans Bört is currently offline Hans BörtFriend
Hey BIRTies

It seems that eclipse-internal 1.3cm is not the same am 1.3cm which are both not the same as 1.3cm.
Let me elaborate:
I want a text field with a image in the upper left corner and text around it (not in front of it) to rebuild a design that I have in a docx.

As it seems to be impossible to place a text field on an image or vice-versa even though a z value exists in the properties (when I try to drag and drop the image on the text field the text field is moved downward and vice-versa and there seems no property for this.) I tried other ideas:
I created a 2x2 grid. The two bottom cells are merged. The upper left cell contains the image, the upper right cell a text field. The text field and the image are both set to height 1.3cm, but the 1.3cm of the image are smaller than the 1.3cm from the text (in html, pdf and docx view they are surprisingly smaller than the image). Even though the two text fields have margin = 0, there are about 2 lines of space between the two text fields.

Then I found https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/120053/ which suggests that the image should be set as background image for a 1x1 grid cell. Setting the background image to height 1.3cm the eclipse preview is about 2,6cm high - twice as large. When I consequently set the background image height to 0.65 cm the result is still the same.
Setting a background image for the text field itself is also possible, but in that case I cannot define height (and width) of the image. Interestingly the size of the resulting image is about the same as for the background image set on the grid cell.
If I use a shrinked picture (half size in both dimensions) as a background for the text field it kind of works in the pdf, but in web or docx render the image is not even shown.

So what can I do, any ideas?
Previous Topic:red circle with a white cross
Next Topic:Can you have a parameter (filter) on a computed column
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 07:41:10 GMT 2024