Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mosquitto » Mosquitto separate public message on chunk by 8.2 kB
Mosquitto separate public message on chunk by 8.2 kB [message #1842268] Tue, 15 June 2021 06:48 Go to next message
Roman Gurskiy is currently offline Roman GurskiyFriend
When a client connects to a mosquitto broker, it subscribes to topics, and when a message is published to these topics, the broker divides messages into 8.2kb parts. Although, when publishing to the same topic, the message goes away completely and weighs about 198kb. This issue only occurs with mosquitto version 2.0.10. With version 1.4.15 payload comes in one indivisible part. Tell me what could be the problem or is this the normal behavior of the broker?
Re: Mosquitto separate public message on chunk by 8.2 kB [message #1842294 is a reply to message #1842268] Tue, 15 June 2021 17:43 Go to previous message
Roger Light is currently offline Roger LightFriend
I just tried this with v2.0.10. Ran the broker without a configuration file. Ran `mosquitto_sub -F %l -t '#'` - this subscribes to all topics and will print out the size of the payloads received. I then ran `mosquitto_pub -t test -f ChangeLog.txt` - ChangeLog.txt is 126054 bytes long. mosquitto_sub reported that it had received a single message 126054 bytes long.

Could you try to repeat this experiment and confirm that it works, and then try to figure out the difference compared to what you are doing?

Regards,

Roger
Previous Topic:Tasmota and shelly connect failed
Next Topic:Mosquitto error after RPI update
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 01:51:57 GMT 2024