Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Paho » Developing MQTT broker (Hello everyone, now I am working on a project about moving a whole cliente/server network that uses UDP protocol to a MQTT protocol,(this is a big project, whit around 100,000 clients currently), so m)
Developing MQTT broker [message #1841624] Sat, 22 May 2021 23:55 Go to next message
Kevin Alejandro  Tarango Álvarez  is currently offline Kevin Alejandro Tarango Álvarez Friend
Hello everyone, now I am working on a project about moving a whole cliente/server network that uses UDP protocol to a MQTT protocol,(this is a big project, whit around 100,000 clients currently), so my question is, is there a way to create my own broker/server using some kind of program language? I mean I need to create a broker by my own, is this too difficult to achieve? Should I buy a broker online an use it ?
I have tried some codes from internet in visual studio but I am not sure that it will work,
I am pretty new in MQTT that is why I have so many doubts,
A ton of thanks for taking the time to reading my post, have a good day.
Re: Developing MQTT broker [message #1841720 is a reply to message #1841624] Wed, 26 May 2021 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gambit Support is currently offline Gambit SupportFriend
MQTT brokers are commodity software these days.
Google it and you will literally get 10 different brokers in the first couple of result pages.
Of course, the capabilities of each will differ widely, so you will have to do performance
and feature testing, just like any other product.
Re: Developing MQTT broker [message #1841872 is a reply to message #1841720] Tue, 01 June 2021 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kevin Alejandro  Tarango Álvarez  is currently offline Kevin Alejandro Tarango Álvarez Friend
are you referring to online brokers like hosting pages or something like that?
Because that's kinda expensive, I have been making test whit some brokers like mosquitto and vb.net broker and it didn't handle the number of clients that I need, so I have another question, the specs of the machine where install my broker matters ? or the reason my broker is crashing while I test it is another thing, also I am limited to use only windows OS, so thanks for taking time to response me.
Re: Developing MQTT broker [message #1841924 is a reply to message #1841872] Thu, 03 June 2021 16:12 Go to previous message
Gambit Support is currently offline Gambit SupportFriend
You will not find them if you don't search.
We are not in the business of brokers, as I said they are commodity.
Check https://doc.gambitcom.com/mimic/mqtt_compat.htm for brokers we have interoperated with.
Previous Topic:Developing MQTT broker
Next Topic:Web Site for Eclipse Paho Java Client states it cannot do MQTT v5
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 07:54:04 GMT 2024