Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » RCP Testing Tool » "Target platform initialization failed" error when trying to launch an SWT application in (Not able to launch SWT AUT in RCPTT IDE testing tool.)
"Target platform initialization failed" error when trying to launch an SWT application in [message #1840561] Mon, 19 April 2021 11:39 Go to next message
Krzysztof Trybus is currently offline Krzysztof TrybusFriend
Dear all,

I'm trying to launch a SWT application under test through RCPTT IDE. I've tried 2 versions:
- 2.5.1 Release
- 2.5.2.202104182355 Nightly

When I'm using "New Application Under Test' option and I provide location of the app, I get "Target platform initialization failed" error. It seems that the application initialization fails when checking for plugins. May this be an issue?
If so, which plugin do I need in the SWT app or RCPTT plugins folder?
Thanks in advance for Your help.

index.php/fa/40353/0/

Java version:
java version "16" 2021-03-16
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 16+36-2231)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 16+36-2231, mixed mode, sharing)

Best regards,
Krzysztof
Re: "Target platform initialization failed" error when trying to launch an SWT application [message #1840576 is a reply to message #1840561] Mon, 19 April 2021 16:03 Go to previous message
Dave Dresser is currently offline Dave DresserFriend
I have found that one cause of this symptom is when my aut definition is based on an Eclipse launch configuration. Occasionally my launch configuration ends up with some of the start levels missing (this is an OSGI application). If you have this error and check your Eclipse log you will see RCPTT has thrown a NumberFormatException. I have not been able to determine what triggers the saving of a launch configuration with the start level missing. I work around the issue by opening the launch configuration with a text editor and searching for "@:true". Then I add the start level back to the strings found.
Previous Topic:Adding External Jars...
Next Topic:RCPTT 2.5.1 couldn't start AUT based on eclipse (4.18) 202012
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 19:35:03 GMT 2024