Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » RCP Testing Tool » exec-process fails to complete when executing bash script
exec-process fails to complete when executing bash script [message #1836765] Wed, 13 January 2021 13:18 Go to next message
Lee Gardner is currently offline Lee GardnerFriend
I have a bash script that does the following:
Stops a component - changes the AUT date - starts the component that was previously stopped

The bash script takes one argument, the date and time that the AUT should be set to.

The bash script works fine when run from the terminal.

When I attempt to execute the bash script from RCPTT using the exec-process command, the first part appears to work fine. The component gets stopped. The AUT date also changes but RCPTT then either returns a failure (timeout) or it continues to execute without doing anything, i.e. it never starts the component.

Below is my ECL code:
exec-process -command "/mnt/home/Scripts/stop_SetDate_Start.sh" -args "2019/01/01 00:00:00" -timeout 180 -ignoreStderr "true" | get stdout | log

Has anyone seen a similar issue before? I am out of ideas of what to try next!

[Updated on: Thu, 14 January 2021 08:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: exec-process fails to complete when executing bash script [message #1836791 is a reply to message #1836765] Thu, 14 January 2021 04:37 Go to previous message
hung vu is currently offline hung vuFriend
Hi @Lee GardnerFriend

I have encounter the same problems with yours
When you change the system date, RCPTT will change the same as time as your current time and your target time. If it's larger than your testcase-time-out, it will go fail with time-out message

So here are my workaround: I create a testcase to execute individual this change-time-script and mark it as _Failed_OnPurpose
Eg: My test case [TESTCASE] need to do : 2 time change day and time
So i will split it to 5 Test case:
[TESTCASE]_1
[TESTCASE]_2_Failed_OnPurpose
[TESTCASE]_3
[TESTCASE]_4_Failed_OnPurpose
[TESTCASE]_5

Sorry for my poor english. Hope it help.
Previous Topic:right click not being recorded correctly
Next Topic: I am getting org.osgi.framework.BundleException when I am running project by run>run configurati
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 04:39:46 GMT 2024