Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » OleControlSite Shell.Explorer Support In Light of IE Sunset
OleControlSite Shell.Explorer Support In Light of IE Sunset [message #1836524] Wed, 06 January 2021 20:08 Go to next message
Barry Novinger is currently offline Barry NovingerFriend
I'm looking to get some insight from the community on the future of SWT availability of OleControlSite Shell.Explorer COM support. My understanding is that Internet Explorer will be sunset in August 2021.

Will this sunset of Internet Explorer affect the support of the Shell.Explorer ieframe.dll availability?

I'm currently dependent on IE and/or Shell.Explorer via SWT OleControlSite in order to support XML/XSL. If Shell.Explorer support will be sunset along with IE, are there any suggestions regarding how to view and print XML/XSL from a Java app?

Your thoughts are appreciated
Re: OleControlSite Shell.Explorer Support In Light of IE Sunset [message #1837373 is a reply to message #1836524] Thu, 28 January 2021 18:08 Go to previous message
Hongying Mising name is currently offline Hongying Mising nameFriend
I have same concern. After August 17th, 2021, Microsoft will stop support of Internet Explorer. Need some suggestion on what we should do next.
We have a Rich client application build on top of eclipse, that uses OLE controls to embed MS office document (word, excel etc) in a viewer. I need find out what will happen to eclipse SWT OLE controls? Do we need completely get rid of them or Is there a replacement for it?
Appreciate any suggestion and thought.

Thanks!
Previous Topic:SVG error
Next Topic:Native GUI application with SWT and Skija on Raspberry Pi
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 03:24:45 GMT 2024