Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mosquitto » What kinf of IPC is Mosquitto broker using?
What kinf of IPC is Mosquitto broker using? [message #1835380] Wed, 02 December 2020 06:06 Go to next message
Kentin Cheng is currently offline Kentin ChengFriend
Hi all,
I'm new to Mosquitto, I've learn that there are many ways(IPC) , ex : signal , shared memory..etc, for processes to communicate with each other,
so I'm curious about which way does Mosquitto use ?

Thanks, best regards,
Kentin
Re: What kinf of IPC is Mosquitto broker using? [message #1835388 is a reply to message #1835380] Wed, 02 December 2020 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Roger Light is currently offline Roger LightFriend
The only communication with other processes that Mosquitto uses is... MQTT.

Cheers,

Roger
Re: What kinf of IPC is Mosquitto broker using? [message #1835392 is a reply to message #1835388] Wed, 02 December 2020 10:01 Go to previous message
Kentin Cheng is currently offline Kentin ChengFriend
Hi Roger,
thanks for the information, but I'm still confused about the question, I've traced the source code from github, I saw that sub_client.c includes <signal.h>, doesn't that means you use IPC's signal technique to communicate
(publisher<----->broker <-->subscriber)?
I got another question as below:
When the publisher publishes a message, the broker informs the subscriber to receive the message or the broker sends the message to the subscriber ?

Thanks,
Kentin

[Updated on: Wed, 02 December 2020 10:18]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:I will accept logs as a gift
Next Topic:Mosquitto plugins written in rust, help with contents of mosquitto struct
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 14:40:41 GMT 2024