Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » RCP Testing Tool » Can not start RCPTT tests with a bundle based on 2020-06
Can not start RCPTT tests with a bundle based on 2020-06 [message #1835017] Mon, 23 November 2020 13:47 Go to next message
Laurent Fasani is currently offline Laurent FasaniFriend
Hello

Thanks for the job you do for RCPTT.

I have some trouble using RCPTT tests with a bundle based on 2020-06

I had un bundle based on 2019-06 platform (basically an eclipse with Sirius)
I have a bunch of RCPTT tests to test Sirius and I used to launch RCPTT tests using these steps
* start my eclipse bundle with Java8
* install rcptt 2.5.0M9 (at that time it was not released yet)
* create an Eclipse Application launch config and an Eclipse Application Under Test referencing it (using JAVA8)
* import my rcptt test
* start EAUT from "Applications" view
* start RCPTT suite -> OK

Now my bundle is based on 2020-06 platform, I would like to replay my RCPTT tests

I tried the same steps but starting EAUT fails :
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.rcptt.launching.configuration.Q7LaunchConfigurationDelegate.preLaunchCheck(Q7LaunchConfigurationDelegate.java:260)
at org.eclipse.pde.launching.AbstractPDELaunchConfiguration.launch(AbstractPDELaunchConfiguration.java:112)
at org.eclipse.rcptt.launching.configuration.Q7LaunchConfigurationDelegate.launch(Q7LaunchConfigurationDelegate.java:90)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:807)

So I upgraded RCPTT to 2.5.1 version still using JAVA8
When starting the EAUT,the runtime properly starts and I can play with it but from rcptt eclipse from which I started the EAUT, I keep having the modal progress bar dialog with "Starting virtual machine" and then I can not start the RCPTT suite.

I already had this issue in the past when using the RCPTT bundle to start my tests and previously I had found this methodology but now even this way does not work. I googled the internet but without success for an answer.

I guess there is probably issues related to platform or java version compatibility.
Do you know where I could find this information? A kind of matrix with RCPTT version / eclipse platform / java version
Ideally I would like to launch my test suite with JAVA14 for my bundle based on 2020-06 platform.
And do you have some hints or answer to solve my issue?

I would really really appreciate you help or pointer to documentation/tutorial

best regards
Laurent

Laurent Fasani - Obeo
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Can not start RCPTT tests with a bundle based on 2020-06 [message #1862609 is a reply to message #1835017] Thu, 14 December 2023 08:39 Go to previous message
Erwann Traisnel is currently offline Erwann TraisnelFriend
Hello,

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.rcptt.launching.configuration.Q7LaunchConfigurationDelegate.preLaunchCheck(Q7LaunchConfigurationDelegate.java:260)

this NPE usually happens when the workspace data of your AUT doesn't exist yet.
In order to avoid this, you should first run the runtime configuration (the one the AUT uses) alone,

B.R

Erwann
Previous Topic:Run with exported run configuration
Next Topic:Update the Text of a Pull Down Toolbar Action moves it as child of the pulldown
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 16:18:57 GMT 2024