Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » BIRT: Tables inside cells of another table in excel(Tables insider cells of another table - Output in excel not correct)
BIRT: Tables inside cells of another table in excel [message #1834423] Tue, 10 November 2020 08:09 Go to next message
Kushank Chhabra is currently offline Kushank ChhabraFriend
Hi,

I am using BIRT framework 4.4.2.

I have a report and its output is shown in an excel. However, since i have to present 2 tables horizontally which are also grouped, i have created table and with groups and within the cells, added the tables again.

However, the excel output is incorrect and it shows the inside table completely inside one cell in the excel sheet.

Can you please help?

I would like the inside table to be presented like a normal table in the excel sheet. Not completely in one cell.
  • Attachment: Output_pic.JPG
    (Size: 125.45KB, Downloaded 114 times)
  • Attachment: BIRT_pic.JPG
    (Size: 32.35KB, Downloaded 108 times)
Re: BIRT: Tables inside cells of another table in excel [message #1834463 is a reply to message #1834423] Tue, 10 November 2020 18:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rbaak Mising name is currently offline rbaak Mising nameFriend
That's how the excel output works. Can you find a way to put all of your data in one table?

Re: BIRT: Tables inside cells of another table in excel [message #1834487 is a reply to message #1834463] Wed, 11 November 2020 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kushank Chhabra is currently offline Kushank ChhabraFriend
If i put everything in one table then all the tables will be vertically shown in the excel tab. I am trying to show 2 tables side by side, because there are a lot of tables in this tab and hence, to lessen the vertical height, i used side by side tables.
Since, we need to use grouping as a whole on both tables, so we used a main table, 2 side by side tables within that table.
Re: BIRT: Tables inside cells of another table in excel [message #1834494 is a reply to message #1834487] Wed, 11 November 2020 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rbaak Mising name is currently offline rbaak Mising nameFriend
Ok. Well you need to try to lay out your report so that those two tables are not nested in the grid. The grid will determine the cell layout in excel.

Re: BIRT: Tables inside cells of another table in excel [message #1834856 is a reply to message #1834494] Thu, 19 November 2020 09:19 Go to previous message
dmitry khotsko is currently offline dmitry khotskoFriend
I think You'll able to create JOINdataset in BIRT.
Previous Topic:Export rptdocument as JSON
Next Topic:Get the index of the cell in Birt - Any function?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 02:31:54 GMT 2024