Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » How to add new logging as a text file and not using kura.log(I wish to log my data as a text file instead of using kura.log)
How to add new logging as a text file and not using kura.log [message #1833638] Tue, 20 October 2020 08:34 Go to next message
Aiman Basyar Azalan is currently offline Aiman Basyar AzalanFriend
I wish to log my data as a text file instead of using kura.log, and I am not sure where and what to edit. When I try to use the File Handler or File Appender, there is an error where it stated "The Method addHandler is Undefined as a type for Logger".
Re: How to add new logging as a text file and not using kura.log [message #1833650 is a reply to message #1833638] Tue, 20 October 2020 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matteo Maiero is currently offline Matteo MaieroFriend
Hi, we are using log4j2 for logging.
Have a look here https://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/ to see how to customise the default Kura log4j file in order to log certain log messages to a separate file.

Best regards,
Matteo
Re: How to add new logging as a text file and not using kura.log [message #1833672 is a reply to message #1833650] Wed, 21 October 2020 02:24 Go to previous message
Aiman Basyar Azalan is currently offline Aiman Basyar AzalanFriend
Hi, Thank you for the tips and link. I will try my best on this

Best Regards
Aiman Basyar Azalan
Previous Topic:How to get AssetName by ChannelName (ChannelRecord)
Next Topic:Kura Internationalization
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 22:04:21 GMT 2024